Thursday, April 21, 2011

Future Musings

Card of the Day: Three of Cups
Interpretation: It's the All-Campus party today, but what does that have to do with me?

I am almost finished with my third year of college. Unfortunately, I will have to go an extra semester over the 4 years, because general advisors have no idea what they are talking about, or they do and tell you the wrong stuff so you stay longer and pay the school more money. I'd like to think people aren't that conceited, though.

Frankly, I'm not sure how upset I am about that. Graduation scares me. This is definitely a case of "don't rock the boat." When I graduate, I will probably have to move in search of a career. If I do, I'll be leaving a bunch of friends and connections behind. I am well aware that with today's technology, it is easy enough to keep in contact with people, and even interact with them on a regular basis. Honestly, it's just not the same. I am already experiencing this with some of my friends going to college. Frankly, I think it's a fluke that I've met all of the wonderful people that are in my life right now. I don't even want to consider how I'll rebuild those connections in a new locale.

At the same time, as I write this, I remembered something. I have had experiences with technology and a friend in New York that gives me hope for the future. I interact with him nearly every day. Really, it's like he's not even gone. Perhaps the future isn't as scary as it wants to be. Yes, a lot of things will change, but "everything" is not one of those things. My connections will remain, and I will utilize them to strengthen myself in everything I do.

Yesterday's Card: Six of Coins
Reflection: ... Somehow, I feel like this project has been a charity case. Except I at least offer a few "wait a minutes!".

No comments:

Post a Comment