Friday, May 20, 2011

You All Suck. Stop Making Me Write About You

Card of the Day: Reversed Nine of Coins
Interpretation: Theft? Of something of mine, or something I will do? Ugh, I don't like this at all.

Miracles can happen.

During my early adolescence, I was a very introverted person. Mind you, I've always been loud, which doesn't quite go with introverted, but it is possible to keep to yourself and be boisterous. Most people probably wouldn't believe me these days though. I'm rather extroverted these days. Although I can't point at any particular event or person as to why this is the case, I know that sometime during high school, I learned the true value of friendship. Not the "meaning", the value.

After this essentially life-changing discovery, I'm having problems stopping. I have made more friends in the last 2 years than I think I did in my entire time in elementary and middle school. But it's not a quantity that I desire, it's a quality. And that's the thing, I've been spending time to cultivate these new friendships. They aren't merely passing acquaintances that I desperately call "friends". I truly believe in these relationships, and I ensure that the anchor is as strong on my end as it is on theirs.

It is for this reason that I lift my head high every day. Yes, it's irritating when they're on summer vacation and I have to kick them out fairly early in the evening so I can go to sleep, but you know what? The fact that I have to kick them out just confirms what I want to believe: we are friends, in every sense of the word.

Huh, I'm pretty sure this post got away from me. Oops.

Yesterday's Card: Queen of Cups
Reflection: Ok, so she was on my mind, but I never actually got a chance to see her... I'm really confused!

No comments:

Post a Comment