Monday, May 16, 2011

Help, I'm Drowning in a Sea of Role-Playing!

Card of the Day: Nine of Swords
Interpretation: See the card from 2 days ago. Perhaps there IS something that I am worried about. Or want and know I can't have. *whistles nonchalantly*

Ugh, this is terrible! I have been on SUCH an RP kick that it's all that's on my brain. Anyway, here goes.

A friend is GMing a single player Pokémon campaign for me. First, I love Pokémon in general, but the games and the anime have always been too kid friendly. Now, this campaign is not like those adaptations. Instead, this is a lot closer to Pokémon Special. Basically, it's a lot darker, with actual death, and even creepier and crazier abilities. Of course, the GM has changed the world to her specifications.

Well, my character is an odd one. Izlude Dralin comes from a family of Psychics, though they tend to keep quiet about it. They live in Petalburg City in the Hoenn region (here's where my Pokémon cred comes out). When he was six, the Champion himself helped him catch his first Pokémon, a female Poochyena, whom Izlude named Lana. At nine, he took a trip to Granite Cave by himself, because he's a little to adventurous for his own good. There, a Sableye possessed the poor child, due to his Psychic powers. The Sableye twisted those powers to its own purpose, allowing the Sableye to syphon energy from Izlude.

Izlude is a very athletic, bright, adventurous young man now, at age 17. He enjoys running, especially along the beach at sunrise. Lana, now a Mightyena, is always by his side, partly from love and loyalty, partly from Sableye's twisting of Izlude's powers.

Mind you, this Sableye, as much as it is a detail of Izlude, is a character in and of himself. Playing it is HARD, especially when you haven't yet treated it as a character. Ad libbing characterization is difficult.

Yesterday's Card: Reversed Page of Coins
Reflection: Yes. Yes I know who this is. Should I attempt to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment