Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Told Through Eyes

Card of the Day: Reversed Ten of Wands
Interpretation: The burden is... off. Or at least I've set it down. Here's to hoping I remember to pick it back up.

Let's be honest with each other.

I know you want to tell me something.
I can see it in your eyes.

I'll listen.
You don't want me to.
But I'll listen.

The words are trapped behind your lips.
They twist and curl,
But your lips remain firmly shut.
Instead, your eyes betray your pain.

Shhh. Don't speak.
There are words you want to say.
I can hear them trying to break free.
I know you fight to swallow them.
The message is one you cannot share.

But I understand why you want to.
The reasons drip down your face,
Out of your eyes, into your hands.
While you fight to keep the words inside,
Their message speaks to me loud and clear.
Shhh. Don't speak, but don't push me away.

Your heart shines through your eyes.
There is nothing but pain and grief.
I wrap you in my arms: safe, secure, warm.
And in this haven, this sacred cocoon,
A flicker of hope appears.
Don't tell me, I can see you can't.
Love has no need for words.

Yesterday's Card: Reversed Sun
Reflection: False hope for today seems more accurate than failure yesterday. @%&#. Pardon my Hungarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment