Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Falsify

Card of the Day: Reversed King of Coins
Interpretation: Superficial and lazy. Worthless. Perhaps not quite so... severe, but it is, unfortunately, accurate.

Have you seen my happy face?
I need to put it on
To hide the pain and sorrow:
Something others must not see.
I hide behind behind this mask,
Though something isn't right.
My world is collapsing,
Shattering, destroyed.
I hide behind this mask
To block the ceaseless tears.
I hide behind this mask
To prove that nothing's wrong,
When inside I'm really quaking,
Defeated, destroyed.


I wrote this poem in high school. To be honest, I'm not even sure why anymore. I know I did it as a cry for help (I attempted to post a bunch of copies around my school anonymously, but, thankfully, a teacher caught me in the act.), but I can't remember anymore what I was so upset/depressed/angry/whatever about.

What I do know is something good came out of this, and I use this poem as a symbol of my growth. I am a person who couldn't write something like this anymore. The emotion that led to this isn't there. While not the best poem, it is mine, and I will remember it always.

Yesterday's Card: Nine of Swords
Reflection: That's what it has to be. It IS what's on my brain, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment